Next week, the largest stage for next-generation consumer technologies opens in Las Vegas. The Consumer Technology Association will host CES from January 8 – 11, 2019, largely overtaking the breathtaking city of Las Vegas, NV. With over 180,000 attendees and 4000 exhibitors, attendees will be introduced to the most innovative and advanced technology solutions that are coming to the consumer electronic markets.
Since its inception in 1967, the CES conference has been the first stage that some of this generation’s most innovative technology solutions (you can see a full timeline here) were introduced. From the VCR to 4K UHD TV, CES was where thousands of products that changed our lives were introduced. CES 2019 reports some of the following as crucial technologies announced through the years:
- Videocassette Recorder (VCR), 1970
- Laserdisc Player, 1974
- Camcorder and Compact Disc Player, 1981
- Digital Audio Technology, 1990
- Compact Disc – Interactive, 1991
- Digital Satellite System (DSS), 1994
- Digital Versatile Disk (DVD), 1996
- High Definition Television (HDTV), 1998
- Hard-disc VCR (PVR), 1999
- Satellite Radio, 2000
- Microsoft Xbox and Plasma TV, 2001
- Home Media Server, 2002
- Blu-Ray DVD and HDTV PVR, 2003
- HD Radio, 2004
- IP TV, 2005
- Convergence of content and technology, 2007
- OLED TV, 2008
- 3D HDTV, 2009
- Tablets, Netbooks and Android Devices, 2010
- Connected TV, Smart Appliances, Android Honeycomb, Ford’s Electric Focus, Motorola Atrix, Microsoft Avatar Kinect, 2011
- Ultrabooks, 3D OLED, Android 4.0 Tablets, 2012
- Ultra HDTV, Flexible OLED, Driverless Car Technology, 2013
- 3D Printers, Sensor Technology, Curved UHD, Wearable Technologies, 2014
- 4K UHD, Virtual Reality, Unmanned Systems, 2015
What can you expect to see at CES 2019?
There is no doubt that technology has drastically changed everyday life. Wearables, smart homes and connected devices, as well as driverless cars, have enabled consumers to do more in less time and become more efficient. But for 2019, the CES conference seems to feel the following categories will be the ones to pay the most attention to:
- 5G and the Internet of Things – From 5G to Smart Cities, CES explores the technology behind all of our connected devices and how personal and governments are using the technology to their advantage.
- Advertising, Entertainment, and Content – Learn about the latest technology affecting the marketing and content industries.
- Automotive – Self-driving cars are some of the most talked technology in recent years, and CES gives you the opportunity to sit behind the wheel yourself of some of these revolutionary vehicles.
- Blockchain – From cryptocurrency to the supply chain, blockchain technology is increasing the security of your network.
- Health and wellness – Technology is giving the consumer more directly in tune with their health and wellness. From wearables to accessibility, CES will explore how businesses and healthcare providers can improve the patient experience.
- Home and family – Advances in technology are enabling homes to be more efficient and “smarter.” From basic security monitoring to smart appliances, CES has you covered in what to expect for the future of our homes.
- Immersive Entertainment – Augmented and virtual reality is not just for gamers, but health care providers, marketers, and sports technologists are using the technology to their advantage.
- Product Design and Manufacturing – Medical, aerospace, engineering, and automotive industries are using 3D printing and similar products to enhance the production of devices for public consumption. Learn more about how this technology is changing the game for these industries.
- Robotics and Machine Intelligence – Speech recognition, predictive technology, and artificial intelligence is changing the way we do business, and CES covers it all.
- Sports – Smart Arenas, eSports, enhanced athletic performance, CES shares the latest technology helping fitness enthusiasts to work out smarter and train like professional athletes.
Customer Service: Critical to Enabling the Technology Industry Success
Technology is well known for their innovative products and changing the way humans interact, do business, care for themselves and much more. But as the products become even more advanced, the average consumer will need even more support to get the most out of their new technology. Businesses who provide these critical innovations to consumers and businesses alike need to ensure they have a scalable and effective customer service strategy in place, including the right talent ready to take on the challenge. Outsourcing not only gives the technology industry access to exceptional customer service talent but can reduce their overall costs of providing this support to their consumers. Premier BPO LLC, with their years of experiencing in helping businesses scale and grow with outsourced talent as well as the mantra that “our customer’s customer is our customer,” is ready to help you provide superior help desk and customer support to ensure that your product beats out the competition. We look forward to browsing the latest in consumer technology with you at CES 2019 in Las Vegas.