The Proposal Writer is an individual contributor who will be responsible for the overall proposal and requests for proposals (RFPs) development process, including strategy development. This individual will design winning solution strategies and drive revenue growth. The Proposal Writer is a remote position that will be working closely with the business development team on a daily basis to craft winning proposals and RFP responses. Typically, the individual will be juggling multiple proposals/RFPs and driving to various deadlines. Daily activities may include strategy calls to discuss a new RFP or independent work to finalize an RFP response.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching, writing, and organizing information in a professional and credible manner.
- Develop and coordinate timely RFP responses to ensure compliance to prospect and client requirements
- Interpret technical and functional business requirements to relevantly answer qualifying and purchasing questions
- Collaborate with other teams and functions within the company (e.g., security, product, legal, finance) to complete responses
- Edits proposal language to ensure incorporation of strategic themes as well as compliance with proposal requirements and RFP requirements.
- Meets with sales staff and others to review RFP and determine requirements to develop compliant, customized proposals.
- Utilizes proposal database and previous bids to provide compliant proposal responses
- Develop individual proposal response strategies by identifying and clarifying requirements and evaluation criteria, studying solicitation documents, and participating in proposal team meetings
- Track requests and manage the proposal completion process to ensure that proposal projects and RFP responses are completed and delivered by the required due date
- Establish priorities and dates for information gathering writing, review, and approval. Coordinate requirements with content contributors and contribute proposal status information to proposal team review meetings
- Create and write competitive proposal content and manage the submission process.
- Assemble proposal documents for final submission
- Develop and maintain core proposal content and library of content in a database; update content database as needed and incorporate existing content to address RFP requirements
- Assist Business Development team and/or other sales staff in locating company or project information necessary for each proposal or RFP response
- Identify sources of information and conduct interviews of subject matter experts and convert information into written proposal responses
- Ensure that proposals are formatted according to the specific requirements of the RFPs
- Proofread proposals and obtain internal quality control approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers, project managers, business development specialists, appropriate sales staff and/or management as appropriate
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or related field.
- Previous experience in proposal writing may be advantageous.
- Strong working knowledge of word processing software.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 7 years of communications experience to include a minimum of 3 years developing original material for publication or competitive evaluation and prior proposal experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Ability to adapt to new, technology-driven tools (e.g., database, online procurement systems).
- Knowledge of proposal processes; experience writing in the BPO industry
- An equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple functions within the company.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to analyze compliance-driven/technical documentation to determine customer requirements and to understand complex customer issues within the BPO industry
Compensation: P 50,000
Government Mandated Benefits:
– 13th month pay
– SSS, Pag – ibig, Philhealth
– Maternity Leave
– Paternity Leave
– Solo Parent Leave
– Magna Carta for women leave
– Day 1 HMO
– Annual Salary Review
– Annual Leaves
– Birthday Leave
– Engagement Activities
– Attendance Incentive